It’s too costly to keep waiting for disease and systemic dysfunction to cause harm before responding. We need to shift the conversation about our health, food, and environment to identifying the root cause of dysfunction and preventing it from happening in the first place.
- Educate down-ballot office-holders, candidates, and their communities about these principles
- Increase visibility and awareness of our endorsed candidates and priorities through integrated direct mail and digital marketing campaigns
- Develop a policy and program playbook that can be applied at the city, county, and state levels of government
- Foster opportunities to have conversations about proactive prevention vs. reactive intervention
Human-centered healthcare is a basic human right, not a privilege reserved for those who can afford it. Further, the healthcare we receive should be focused on preventing disease and increasing both healthspan and lifespan – not just eliminating symptoms.
- Develop hyperlocal and community health, wellness, and agricultural programs
- Advocate for licensure of naturopathic medicine in the state of Florida
- Redefine the definition of “health” at the community and political level to give consideration to the root causes of dysfunction and the social determinants of health
- Form hyper-local working groups and legislative advisory committees
- Declare food, nutrition, and health illiteracy a critical public health issue
Our health is complex, interconnected, and multifaceted. As such, it cannot be addressed in a silo, which is why harmonizing cross-agency initiatives, programs, research, and education is paramount.
- Bridge the gap between public health, education, environmental, human services, nutrition, and agricultural oversight departments and committees
- Create a Community Health Officer role within state office-holder offices to oversee program evaluation and implementation
- Focus financial, human capital, and infrastructural resources on implementation and initiatives that produce measurable and replicable outcomes